Saturday 17 March 2012

wonderful water

I went, with the youngest, to the Manse garden today to chop down as much greenery as I could for the mother's day posies for Sunday school tomorrow. He had a great time climbing the tree to the very top 'Mummy, mummy my head is poking out the top of the tree!' And I found what I needed. Then he discovered those incredible beads of water that form in the nooks and crannies of waxy leafed plants. 'They're like diamonds mummy!' 

So, of course I have to take a pic, but the camera on my phone is sooo rubbish. Mmmm it's definitely making me feel more friendly towards a smart phone possibility. 

Then we're back at the ranch, with the in-laws, trying to tame the building site of a garden with a big of digging, levelling, weeding, hoeing etc. And to cap it all the picture on our 'Lent Calendar' is today of Jesus, lying on his tummy captivated by a small flower which has found its way out of the rock of the desert, thanks to the downpour showed by yesterday's cartoon. So, definitely thinking about water and it's nurturing capacity today... despite the terrible picture.




2 comments:

  1. Love this. There needs to be a whole book devoted to 'how to do the Mothering Sunday posies' - big high level meetings three weeks ago here led to us going with a gerbera in a doily each! V. Successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerberas? You must have had a budget. I got 5 bunches of nearly over daffs at M&S for 50p each to go with the free greenery. Bargain!

    ReplyDelete