Saturday 31 March 2012

Complicated lenten counting

I have tried to approach lent with commitment and discipline, after all if you don't then what's the point of observing it? But I have to admit somewhere in there is a flourish of my old charismatic evangelical distaste of all things law abiding (in the spiritual sense, if you get my drift). So a day has slipped here and there and I've had to play catch up occasionally. I can tell you that on more than one occasion my brain has felt pretty bamboozled by the whole 'which day of Lent is it?' question. I've been counting, recounting, marking days off in my diary, checking the number of photos, recounting, wondering which day lent is actually sposed to end etc etc. Gimme Advent any time for a nice easy countdown to religious festival formula. Anyway, today's one of those days when, even though it is bloomin' one o'clock in the morning I will still post these two pics.




Fanstastic fun in the blossom along our street. Usually it quickly turns brown and mushy, but the lack of rain means that it was swirling all over the place in the wind, helped along by 3 small lovelies.


Then a wonderful array of the crockery we're unpacking from boxes and trying to fit back into our kitchen cupboards. I think Neil was a bit horrified to see the quantity of jugs I have accumalted over the years. Whoops. I think I probably should have given them up for lent.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blossom, lovely kiddies, lovely jugs. I wouldn't worry about counting; this Wed will be exactly 6 weeks since Ash Wed so it's already gone on a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blossom, lovely kiddies, lovely jugs. I wouldn't worry about counting; this Wed will be exactly 6 weeks since Ash Wed so it's already gone on a bit...

    ReplyDelete