Monday 19 March 2012

discipline of doing it

Mmm, ooops. A missed blog on Saturday; was gonna catch up yesterday. Didn't do it yesterday. Nearly didn't today. At first it was busyness and in-laws here and not having the 'donwntime' to get to the laptop. But it has quickly become a 'can't be bothered' feeling. Is it that the discipline is too much? It's hardly denial and self flagellation. Is it that nothing's caught my eye? Is is the novelty wearing off? I think that I'd like to be plumbing the depths of a nourishing spirituality in my lenten discipline. But I'm basically just rambling on about stuff in my life. Who gives a monkeys?? Not even me, it seems! Nice strip of the evening light across our bricks though. Would love to have a bit of evening light in our garden, but have to be content with it flooding down our street instead. If this sort of light came into my 'own' space, would I feel more easily inspired?? Come back Rachel, all is forgiven...

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a perfectly acceptable/normal time in lent when we start to struggle, whether its with not being inspired or just can't be bothered to keep it going. But then you've come so far and we're half way through so it'd be SO annoying to give up now and you'd only kick yourself.
    I've given up charity shops! Now that's HARD.
    Love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up music and radio in the car and speeding. At first my car journeys were calm oases of prayer; now they're just dull! The problem with a Lenten blog I find is the attendant craving of feedback which is a spiritual temptation in itself!!

    ReplyDelete