Wednesday 14 March 2012

Good news and bad news

Today J's case was thrown out of court. Halle-bloody-lujah. I sent him a text saying 'Don't let the bastards get you down'. I don't think that its the sort of text he would expect to get from a former elder of the church. But I couldn't think of anything else. When you're faced with a court case which comes about only as a result of police harrassment, what else is there to say?

And today we heard about another 2 investors up for being part of our church community house for another 5 years. Yippee. Nearly there. http://www.63medianroad.blogspot.com/ I took a picture of it today in the sunshine.



But of course today was also dominated by the appalling news of 22 children from Belgium killed in a road crash in Switzerland. Is that the third bus returning from a skiing trip that's hit the headlines this winter for all the wrong reasons? I was sobbing as I listened to the news report this morning on my bike. Just unimaginable grief and sorrow... lives altered forever. The Belgian Ambassadoor was on the Today Programme having visited the crash site just hours after it happened and he nearly broke down in the interview. Probably the only normal response.

No comments:

Post a Comment