Saturday 30 March 2013

40. Beautiful neighbourhood

I do love our neighbourhood. Though I was accused yesterday of pushing up the prices of houses by being part of the middle class hipsters moving in. Yay - don't think I've ever been called a hipster before! I had to point out to my friends thAt when we first bought a house in Hackney they were probably still in nappies!! They are angry though - and rightly so - having just had their first baby and wanting to move to a flat bigger than their current one bed they are realising that even with the help of her parents they can't afford a 2 bed place anywhere around here. It makes me sad. They will almost certainly move out - just a few miles further out east they would be able to afford something appropriate.

And though I hate that the house prices are stupidly high I do like some if the 'hipster' stuff that has come along in the last few years. Not that cool stuff wasn't happening before but it's more mainstream and in yer face now. And not that I access much of it, to be honest. Not even being in the same decade as most of the hipsters I am always miles too old to fit in. But anyway, the last sticker is up on the old sign for the funky new Dentist aka 33 Chatsworth Road http://m.facebook.com/33ChatsworthRd?id=206190439450713&_rdr

Until tomorrow morning when there'll be the culmination of the You are beautiful Lent sticker project. Can't wait!! (Though no doubt it will contribute to the stupid increasing house prices.)

No comments:

Post a Comment