Saturday 25 March 2017

Day 22 - Olympic Park


Left this one at the Round Chapel again. Same old haunts, being returned to again and again. This is my life and the small environs thereof. I think it feels OK. Sometimes it feels restrictive, but on the cusp of leaving Hackney for a week and stepping out to the wilds of Europe - well what does that mean these days? Continental Europe, for sure, slap bang in the heart of it, but to a place which has never really given up its place of fortune to become part of the European hoi polloi: Switzerland. On the cusp of leaving my narrow environs and my own, I feel sad and anxious. 

I hug the kids, and think 'it's only a week' and savour the meal around the table and the Disney video shared on a Saturday night. And it is fine. And sometimes good to have change and leave them and return. But I will miss them.

I'm glad me and the biggest and the smallest got out today in the spring sunshine. On our bikes back to Westfield. Across the gorgeous Olympic Park which sits on our doorstep and is ours to enjoy. The river, the flags, the incredible shapes of the buildings, the play parks, the art, the call to get involved, to be part of something bigger. That feeling will never leave me... the one on the orange bridge across the A12 as we walked as a family into the Olympic Park for the first time. Must be a legacy of some sort... 






No comments:

Post a Comment