Saturday 11 March 2017

Day 10 - white privilege


Nice little action shot dontcha think?

To celebrate our second, yes that's right: our second, trip to the cinema in a week.

This is outside Stratford's Picturehouse. An establishment we like to frequent on account of it being at leasst 50% cheaper than the Vue at Stratford, and a good deal cheaper than the Picturehouse in Hackney. What is that about??

We saw Hidden Figures. I *really* wanted to take the two biggest kids, but it's tricky to do that without a) using up all your friendship favours and b) pissing off your youngest big time. So, I figured that Esta at least could get to see it herself sometime. And anyway I'll be happy to see it again online when it arrives. I loved it. Just totally my sort of film... great female story, great 'true' story, great grappling with deep issues. No unforeseen endings. No one dies. 

And thanks to FB again (what on earth do people do for inspiration in Lent if they give up social media??!) I was 'enjoying' the salutary reminder of my own white privilege. Good to be reminded. 

-5:29
6,148,918 Views
ArchDuke
White Privilege for DUMMIES.
"iloveyou" at www.archdukedostuff.com
Donate at www.gofundme.com/archduke
Shot by: Domi V Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment