Wednesday 22 March 2017

Day 18 - interview candidates



The heart is left at St John and St James school on my cycle ride home from work but the inspiration today comes from a full day if interviewing. I knew from theshortlisting  that the candidates would be good but boy, were they good? 

I wish I could have given it to three candidates. Or at least tried them all out for a month!! 

All 5 were competent and could have filled the post. But what surprised me was the huge range of extracurricular activities. MSc and MAs completed. Detainee centres visited. Home start family supported. Printing workshops given. Interreligious dialogue set up. I could barely keep up. After a while I began to wonder what on earth I have been doing with the last 10 years of my life. Perhaps if I had to write it all down for an application form I would think of something. Nevertheless these guys were super impressive. It felt good to be in a world with them!

And fingers crossed we will even offer the job to the right one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment