Tuesday 11 March 2014

6.


Popped this one on the school fence. Aha! The school keepers won't even spot it! I like the 'tagging' of places near and dear to me. The pub, the church, the school (in that order!). 

I walked back with a friend who was due to go to an 'immersive' theatre performance tonight. 'Sounds scary' I said. You bet! was the reply. I mused that  though I thought worship should involve your whole being in order for you to fully experience it, and that theatre of this type must be profound for the same reason, I reckoned that most people just want to sit and spectate. And go home without anyone engaging with them! Surely that's why the Catholics and Cathedrals continue to increase their worshipping numbers? When I happened across Tino Sehgal's 'live' and interactive art piece in the Tate's Turbine Hall a year ago I had a similar experience. I did sort of love being 'part' of the art work but mostly I couldn't shake the extreme discomfort of not knowing what was going to happen next and whether I would have to do something which would make me feel even more uncomfortable. I wasn't alone http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/art-reviews/9421678/Tino-Sehgal-Turbine-Hall-Tate-Modern-review.html

I still get pretty excited by it at church though. And this year the Lent adventure will take place in gardens or on the marshes with the aim of bringing the kids to the wilderness rather than talking about it abstractly in a church hall. Can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment