Saturday 14 March 2015

Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty

Eighteen sees another on the rather lovely cycle route I take every day to work. The Regents Canal was a bit of a dive when I started cycling along it regularly 12 years ago, and to be honest if I'm cycling late at night I still avoid it, but mostly it's undergone the same radical transformation that we have seen in other places in East and North London.

The ducklings and baby moorhens haven't changed much though. Nor have the Canada geese or multiple swan pairs with their fluffy, fawn, cygnets. And I still, from time to time see a heron and a cormorant, so the increased number of house boats and smart apartments with balconies and coffee shop concessions can't have affected the wild life too much.


The luminous yarn reminded me of my luminous self, bowing as I do to safety wear for my two wheeled travelling across London. It had gone by the time I passed back in the afternoon on my way home though. Mmmm. I think you get longer if you leave it a little high up or a little low down. At hand height is probably just too tempting.

Nineteen - My poor, first attempt, of a heart... finds a home on a plant at Friends House in Euston. I expect the next time the plant man comes to care for his charges it will be swiftly removed. I can't say I'll miss it. From the, also slightly rubbish, picture you can't even see it's a heart!



Twenty - a much improved specimen for the lovely courtyard at Friends House. My colleagues and I are beginning to enjoy the sunny balcony lunchtime breaks again. Not many places you can have animated lunchtime conversation about a singing demo against Trident at the Houses of Parliament or wrapping up the Ministry of Defence in pink knitting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment