Thursday 19 February 2015

One

I thought I might not blog about it this year. After all I finally got the hang of Instagram and posting a pic might be all that I needed. I've even discovered the delights of Diptic and can create bananas montages. (Is marvelling at smartphone technology reserved for those who grew up thinking the rotary dialling version was pretty cool?)  But then I opened up the dormant pages from last year and the year before and found I liked to read what I had been musing about, where I had been, what I had seen there.

The joys and mysteries of Blogger mean I am followed by a single loyal sister (having not figured out how to make it easy to do), but even if I don't figure out how to make it a bit more accessible I think I may still write. A bit. Maybe not every day. After all the thinking, reflecting, the spiritual wondering is partly the point. All of the point. Suddenly out on the Yorkshire moors leaving hearts this week one picture, however snazzy, didn't seem enough. Not the same as leaving a little bit of brightness and crafty loveliness in the midst of urban grit. And if I'm not beautifying places, what am I doing? Creating a moment to think about life and love and God. Every day. For Lent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment