Monday 23 February 2015

Four

Lovely to see new trees planted at the fab school which is Millfields Community School. Apparently they came from the Olympic Park. It's meant slippery mud all over the already lethal playground and a bit of a headache for the Headteacher for some mysterious reason (no doubt connected with the rather complicated playground refurbishment) but really fabulous to have some trees at long last. 


I wanted to add a star to their branches, but was worried that kids might try to pull it off and wreak the tree in the process, so I abstained. The fence near the one original tree and play boat had to make do. The things I've left around the school don't tend to last long. Darren is too efficient a school keeper! Oh well, for a while it toned nicely with the wonderful flower mural (thanks to ArtBash's Linda).


(Practical note: Was really enjoying the fact I didn't have to weave in ends after making the hearts as it's my absolutely worst bit of crocheting - and I'm rubbish at it - but it's difficult to tie them on cleanly with their ends poking out. Darn it - may have to weave in and finish off properly after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment