Saturday 19 April 2014

40.


I rather like this one. I hope the tow path users do too as I left it on an empty mooring down by Daubney Bridge. The marshes are do lively in the spring / just bursting with new life and new possibilities. There's a beauty and a freshness in its wildness that you don't see all year round. There's a photo competition being advertised: What do you love about the Marshes? I am quite tempted by going out with a camera but at the same time struggle to think how you capture anything of the enormity and diversity. Am thinking a lot of Chris and Naomi on their count down to NYC. They'll only be a couple of blocks away from Central  Park. I wonder which is bigger? Maybe that's a dim question but I don't actually know the answer! Certainly one has more kudos, fame and notoriety but I feel perry happy to have a Hackney Marshes on my doorstep. 

Bizarrely (does this always happen?) I feel slightly sad that I won't be leaving hearts around the place anymore. Maybe I should do this sort of thing a bit more spontaneously instead of feeling the necessity of a discipline? Would that defeat the object? I am not sure that in all the 40 days I still have a good handle on this whole Lent thing. Maybe next year that should be my priority? 

Slightly daunted by the prospect of a very early start tomorrow morning. Especially as I have not contributed very much to the yarn bomb. Still the baking on offer is pretty tempting. (No definitely haven't got this Lent thing nailed).

No comments:

Post a Comment