Sunday 13 April 2014

34.


OK. I am promising myself this is the last catch up. For the last week of Lent I will try to do my daily discipline of heart-leaning. 

I feel embarrassed by my lack of imagination, finding myself leaving this on the railings of the Round Chapel today. But somehow the heart/building picture is appropriate as today we formally said goodbye to our dear friends Chris and Naomi who have finally got the visas and booked the plane tickets for a New Life in New York. The Round Chapel has been a key place for them: where Chris worked for 10 years; where he said goodbye to Ali; where he fell in love with Naomi. 

So it was only right that he should lead the Palm Sunday service today; that we should pray them on their way, sing them 'May the Road Rise Up to Meet You', and give them a great Clapton Park lunch to remember us by. Not a dry eye in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment