Monday 10 April 2017

Day 34 - the moors


The North York Moors, to be precise. And Levisham moor to be more precise. And Skelton Tower to be particularly precise. 

We broke our journey from Scotland at Pickering to say hi to mum and dad and to elongate our holiday as much as we could. So glad we did, because in 24hours we fitted in a sunset chat in the garden, fish and chips for supper, a fab yomp up the hills on Levisham moor and a return via Skelton Tower in the spring sunshine, a perfect pub lunch on Levisham green in the hot sun, and a mooch around a much expanded carboot sale on our way out of Pickering.

It's so good to get out to the countryside. I don't think I could cope in London if I didn't have these regular escapes. And so I am thankful I have the resources to do this.  


And turn 180 degrees for the view below...


No comments:

Post a Comment