Saturday 1 April 2017

Day 28 - Hebron





All the while I have been at this unproductive meeting of the people saying they 'own' the work of accompaniment in the West Bank, I have been mindful of the fact that my great friend and her daughter have been travelling in and around Bethlehem for the Palestine marathon. It has made it harder to bear the difficulties we've encountered in the business each day. Frustrated with the pettiness, frustrated with the perception I have that I am being told to do my job in a certain way, frustrated that the voice of the wider local communities we serve are silenced by the local church leaders. She texted me today to say she finally left the Lenten heart I gave her. She left it somewhere in Hebron. On something painted with these nice hands. Who knows what it is! But I'm looking forward to seeing her tomorrow to get a sense of her adventure and to see what she will do with it...


No comments:

Post a Comment